Monday, March 12, 2007

Don't let another day go by my love, it'll be just like starting over




Starting today, I am back on the wagon. Or I’m off the wagon. Or I’m off the getting-fat-no-exercise-bad-eating-wagon and onto another wagon, the eating-healthy-while-running-wagon.

It has gotten really bad. Originally, I had planned on starting the diet part yesterday, but then I woke up and wanted to eat an enormous hoagie. And fries. And some salt & vinegar potato chips. And some Häagen-Dazs, some cherry fudge truffle light Häagen-Dazs. A whole pint in one sitting.

I realized early on that I was going to lose the battle yesterday, so I delayed starting the diet until today, when I thought the idea of going to work was enough structure for me to start eating properly. And so far (granted, only a few hours into it) all is going well. I am not hungry and have eaten properly today. I will go home and jump on the treadmill and run for 30 minutes.
And I better do this, as I now weight in regularly at 229 lbs. Fuck!

I will do this for the next 6 weeks. By April 22, 2007, I should be back into some type of presentable shape, just in time for softball season to begin in earnest. I also am going to be starting using the BowFlex sometime soon, I haven’t figured that out as of yet.

I know it all sounds like more of the same bullshit, but I need to start looking at something other than the same old. I know I like running, so I keep doing that, but I want to start doing some strength as I know muscle burns more fat, so if I have more muscle, it will burn fat faster than if I don’t build up some more.

And, in a related note, my big sister has bought herself a treadmill & BowFlex, and she is starting out walking now and wants to move on to running. Now she has never had the weight problem I had, but she feels now that she will be 40 this year she needs to take better care of herself (she has always been slim, but the past few years she feels she has put on an extra 7-10 lbs! Yes, 7 to freakin 10 pounds and she spent money on a treadmill! I know I should be happy that she is taking an interest in her health, but it isn’t like she needs to lose 70 lbs, which is about what I needed to lose when I started!)

Also, she & her husband didn’t ask me what the best treadmill to buy is, so I feel a bit left out. I mean, I’m not a complete expert, but I have a lot of experience with the treadmill, and I did research on my own (and listened to Carl, who listened to Gary, who had originally, in 2002, listened to me about getting the Reflex Deck, therefore, in reality, I listened to my own advice on getting my treadmill.) I am now dying to get over to my sister’s place and see what they spent their money on.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The reflex deck is the only way to go.

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home