Tuesday, March 06, 2007

I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies, this is the dawning of the rest of our lives

I have survived. That is the good part of it. It was a long journey back to Pittsburgh, but we made it and we are healthy, happy and, after 5 days for me, I think I'm rested.
Tom and I at a statue at the Grand Palace in Bangkok. We were snapping pictures left & right, and one guy asked if I wanted a picture with my son, so I said "sure." It was only afterwards I shuttered at the thought of me being a father.







And of course the requesite picture of us on the elephant. I think I only include it as I just keep thinking "Who else rides an elephant on vacation?" It isn't terribly comfortable, but oh well, when will I do that again (obviously every three years for me at least.)





Tom & I on a bamboo raft on the River Kwai at sunset. That was a cool ride down the river. People on the river are happy to give...

Since I've gotten home, I've slept most of the time and eaten anything in site. I did end up getting my cheeseburger, and it wasn't all that I'd hoped for, to be honest. We did end up getting Burger King at the Bangkok airport at about 4:30 am before we flew home, so maybe that satisfied my craving. Who knows.

After 6 days being home, I weighed myself, and I am at 224 lbs. Not too bad, better than I thought, but I think part of the weight is that some muscle has turned to fat from not running. I jumped back on the treadmill on Monday and did 21 minutes. I plan on doing just that the rest of the week, and then start eating healthy again on Sunday, running 3 miles on Monday.

More later when I have the time, energy and ability. My brain is still processing a lot of the trip and what it means in the long run. I couldn't be prouder of my nephew who handled everything that was thrown at him, even when he was tired, hungry, cranky and Mountain Dew deprived. I hope this is the beginning of his real life education right before he starts his real life work.

Good times for all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home