Monday, April 16, 2007

There is a midget standing tall, and a giant standing next to him about to fall

I have nothing good to say today. And when you have nothing good to say, it is good to say nothing at all. I don't know what else I can do this week. Physical therapy is going well enough. I forgot to immobilize my neck Saturday night and woke up with a headache that ruined my Sunday. I spent most of the afternoon and evening with my neck wrapped in a heating pad, and I still felt out of sorts until about 8 pm, so that sucked.

Wednesday is my last PT session, unless I start to regress physically, and I don't see that happening. I didn't get out of the car accident clean and easy, but I think that the worst should be over for me. I hope Carl & Darren progress as well and become pain free soon enough.

I am hating that this blog, which should be coursing my track to health, is instead becoming the place where I bitch, moan and cry about stupid car wreck shit. Fuck me.

Here is a picture of me in the Dam Square in Amsterdam from last May, with the Royal Palace in the background. I look at these photos and realize how much I love that city. And I have never taken drugs or had sex with a prostitute, so it isn't like I've been there fore the stereotypical reasons people assume.

Amsterdam is a beautiful city full of history and culture. It is a friendly city filled with people who don't seem to have any pretension about themselves, and no preconceived notion about you. "Be yourself" ought to be the true saying engraved on coat of arms of Amsterdam (engraved on the coat of arms currently is "Heldhaftig, Vastberaden, Barmhartig," of course meaning "Valiant, Determined, Compassionate," and that probably is better, but whatever.) The city itself is also very well organized and public transportation is logical and easy.

In Amsterdam, you can see the Van Gogh Museum, the Rembrandt House Museum, and then the Rijksmuseum all in one day if you get up early, and still have time to get to the Pancake Bakery if you are willing to wait in line for a while, and it is worth the wait, even in rain (it rained most of our time in Amsterdam last year.)

And have I ever mentioned how I love Heineken, originated and still brewed in Amsterdam? The beer is so crisp, so clean and so refreshing, and the Heineken Experience tour at the original
Heineken Brewery is fantastic. You get about a one and a half hour tour that includes not only how the beer originated and is currently brewed, you get a look at the ad campaigns throughout the years, and interactive game room, 2 beers and a gift included, all for about $12.

This is a picture I took on the tour. This is the bottom of a glass enclosed display of different bottles throughout the years. I saw Carl taking a picture of it, so I thought I'd take one too, and it now is the wallpaper on my computer, at work and at home.

Man I wish I was going somewhere soon. I don't want to think of the future sitting on my ass doing work all year. Maybe that is what I will do this week on this site, start sharing more about my various travels, until I can get back to my regular exercise. This could distract me just enough not to hate my life right now (cause of the pain and physical therapy.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home