Monday, April 23, 2007

Oh it's full of nasty habits when the bitch gets back

Well, as much as I say that I am trying to get back to healthy, I don’t do it. I have been more than just unhealthy, I’ve been almost self-destructive in my eating habits.

This morning I weighed in at 237.5 lbs. That is huge, and dangerously close to the weight I was at for a long time before I ballooned up after my calf muscle injuries of 2005, which precipitated a lot of this exercise thing for me. I can feel it while I walk, sit in a car or do anything.

If I described what I ate over just over this past weekend, it would sicken you. Just thinking of the amount I ate sickens me. I mean, I knew it was bad, but I can’t seem to get the self control I need.

I have been, mostly, pain free in the neck & head. Today I have a slight headache, but it is this strange pressure I feel at the base of my skull, on the left of the back of my neck, that is bothering me. It is almost like someone is pushing some blunt object into one spot there, and it is intermittent at best.

It is other pains that are annoying me today. My right leg has been giving me problems recently. I actually hurt my left leg in the accident, just bruising and such. But I favored it so much that I actually strained my right leg. Well, I worked two nights at the movie theater this weekend, then did an MS walk with Gary & Lynne Sunday morning, and my back was in pain and tender upon palpation. I spent last night from about 6 pm on with the heating pad on my back on full heat. Even today, any lifting brings pangs of pain shooting up the right side of my back.

So let us review. Bitching about weight gain while sabotaging any food intake control and not being able to do anything to lose weight. Bitching about pain, so I do things over the weekend to put myself into more pain. And, on top of it all, I don’t feel like talking to my doctor about this, so it will probably linger for weeks until I get tired of it and break down and talk to him.

Today, I am getting back to eating healthy. And then, once physical therapy is over, I can slowly get back into running. I can’t believe that I worked for 18 months, and then, in the 5 weeks since the accident, I have undone almost all the hard work I put in. But there is no need to dwell on what I’ve done wrong recently, just get back to doing what is right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home