Wednesday, April 18, 2007

From the back to the middle and around again, I'm gonna be there til the end


Today is the first day I’ve woken up without any type of headache since March 22. It had gotten to the point where I thought if it was only a low grade headache then I shouldn’t consider it a headache.

There is still some tightness in the left side of my neck, but nothing like it was a few weeks ago, and it isn’t causing the shooting pain into my head. There is still some crepitus, but it isn’t what it was even a week ago.

So all in all, I am doing better physically, and I feel mentally better about it all right about now. Now, after a month of pain and not liking it, I find it interesting that this blog is entitled “No pain…no gain?” Of course, I did purposely put question mark in it because I wasn’t sure what the pain, or the gain, were all about.

I mean, I know that it is a cliché nowadays that, in order to feel like you are being healthy, there has to be some type of pain involved, whether it is the physical pain of exercise or the mental pain of having to give up types and/or quantities of food. I do agree that less food and regular exercise are the keys to losing weight, but it doesn’t have to be “pain” exactly, whether physically or mentally.

So I go to physical therapy tonight with high hopes that she will tell me I can run again. I do have some strange achy-ness in my upper right calf muscle and thigh, but I think that is just a bit of overuse from when my left leg hurt after the accident and I favored it more. Other than that, I feel healthy today for the first time in over a month.

I hope it keeps up and I can get back into the "gain" part of the title of my bog, and avoid the "pain" part of it. We shall see.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

well i hope it stays gone!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home