Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Babylon back in business, can I get a witness?

I ran for 20 minutes yesterday and remembered what I like about running. I only got up to 6 mph for the last 10 minutes, but it felt so good to be running, to be sweating, to be doing something for my health. If my sense of self satisfaction during running yesterday could have been harnessed and turned into energy, I could have powered all the appliances in my house!

My eating, on the other hand, is another matter. Not terrible, but it just seems like I’m hungry more often than not, and, as an American, we all know that I shouldn’t ever feel like I want for anything, including more calories, even when they aren’t needed. And do I get more veggies or fruits down my throat when I’m hungry? No, of course not. I need tortilla chips (Baked Tostitos, so at least lower in calorie and fat) with some (calorie free) ranch dressing and salsa poured over top…and then topped with son con queso sauce. Why did I need to add the cheese sauce? Cause that is what my weak, weak brain thought my fat, fat body needed.

Now I need to work a little harder on the food thing, but I’m not going to freak out at all. I am going to focus my energy on running for this week and at least not over-eating too much. And it isn’t so much a need for food, but just a weakness when it comes to food. I think last year, when I was so much more overweight, it was easier to focus. Now, when I’m only a little overweight, the focus is more on how much I’ve already lost and not in what I need to continue lose.

I know this sounds like so much bitching about little things, but that is what this blog is about for me, how to lose weight. The hard way. Cause liposuction would be so much easier at this point, I swear!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home