Sunday, July 29, 2007

Everybody knows it sucks to grow up; and everybody does

I leave for Edmonton on Tuesday August 7th for my annual trip to the Edmonton Folk Music Festival. That is 10 days away. I am still fat.
Oh, I mention the fat part because I have to bike around Edmonton. I stay with Eltee, my friend that was our tour guide in Thailand, and we bike everywhere. When I started running, one of the things I wanted to be able to do is be better at riding my bike on my annual trip to Edmonton. I am not so sure that I will be able to bike too well this year. I just don’t seem to have the stamina I had last year. I guess I will see in 10 days, eh?

I have run 3 times this week, mostly for about 20 minutes and 1.5 miles. Not too bad, but I’d rather be running more often. I am also eating too erratically. One day, I can keep it around 1600 calories, and other days I just eat whatever I can get my hands on and into my mouth.

I want to write about my new plan, but in doing a little reading into what I’ve previously written, it seems that I’ve done this forever and failed every time except for the initial time I went on the 1600 calorie diet on 03/19/2006. I don't know that I fully realized how many times I've written in this blog that I was goiing to get back on track on a specific day, only to go off track a few days later.

But here it is. I get back from Edmonton on 08/14/2007. I will be fatter than I was before I left (the food is incredible at the folk music festival) and probably won't ride the bike as much as I would have liked and be still out of shape. Therefore, I will come back and spend the first few days buying food and running every day, not just here and there. Then, on Sunday 08/19/2007. I will start the diet back up. 1600 calories per day through that Friday. I will run Monday through Wednesday, take Thursday off, then run Friday & Saturday again.
I will take it from there for week two, but I am sure I can at the very least do one week of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home