Saturday, December 16, 2006

I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in and stops my mind from wandering where it will go

Got the new screw for the treadmill put on. Got new mylar cover for the board to protect any wear & tear on it from the rubber tread. Got the front belt tightened. And then, as the fix-it man was tightening the screw on the bracket, which is the wrought iron leg that holds the board and back roller in place, it snaps. Thinking I had it all covered, I knew that I had a bracket sent to me from when the last screw broke, so I went and found it in my storage room downstairs, and it is the left bracket, so it won't work. What kind of luck is that?

Now, he put some glue on it for now and says that this should hold up fine for a few weeks of running. He is ordering a new bracket and will replace it when he gets it. But for today, I ran 15 minutes (plus whatever he had me running while he was adjusting the tread and making sure the bolts were put in correct.) I will do another 15 minutes tomorrow, and then back to 30 minutes on Monday. Yeah me!

Because this is my blog about my exercise, one more thing I will talk about is what has happened over the past two weeks. As of this morning, I was at 224 lbs, but I don't think that covers what has happened to my body. As an example, I worked at the movie theater last night, and instead of taking tickets like I have been doing (which involves sitting in a chair, tearing the ticket - not a lot of action) I was an usher, cleaning the theaters.

When I got home last night, my inner thighs had become chafed from so much walking. In a mere two weeks, though I hadn't put on too much actual weight, My body had softened enough that my thighs got just larger enough to irritate when I walked for 6 hours around the theater last night.

Odd thing is that this is a problem I used to have when I was heavier, but when I started working at the theater last year I was always an usher, and I must have built up some muscle, cause I don't remember this being a problem since I started there. But now that I've stopped running for two weeks (although the more I think of it, really, I've only run for one week out of the past month. I stopped running on 11/15/2006 for UK trip, then went to UK, came back on 11/24/2006, ran, and then the bolt broke 12/02/2006) I am having fat guy problems again.

I think after I get back to running regularly, I need to look into the strength exercising to see about how I can make sure I don't have these problems again. My legs have always been big, but I think that there is a way to exercise to maximize muscle on my upper legs, thus burning more fat, and therefore reduce their mass. Something to look into for the future.

It ha's just been a strange week so far for me, some if it back luck, some of it just being a dumbass. I took vacation time to work half days, then worked overtime. Not a bad thing as I get paid for the time I worked, but kind of frustrating.

I've been hammering out details of the trip to Thailand with Eltee and my nephew (though to be honest, the nephew just keeps saying "Wherever you want to go, I'll go" when asked what he wants to do in Thailand.) Then, last night, I got all the information to get an intra-Thailand flight to save us a 20+ hour bus ride (you need passport info prior to buying the plane ticket, and Air Asia was having a fare sale if you bought before 12/17/2006, and I didn't have Eltee's passport info) and I then buy the ticket...for the wrong fucking day! I know how I did it; it was just a simple dumbass move. So literally two minutes after I bought the original tickets, I paid a fee and changed the flight back two days. Waste of my money, and that is annoying.

Well, that is all behind me now, so that is good. I did pay too much for a flight, but I have it and it is all good. I think I will try to blog from Thailand, but it is usually dial up, and might take several minutes for an entry, so I will only do a few sentences. Oh, and probably no running. I am only bringing sandals, and I don’t think I want to run in most places. I am hoping the 105 degree heat with 98% humidity will help me melt off some food I will be eating (and beer I will be drinking.) But I was also hoping all the walking in UK would help me melt off the bangers & mash, and that didn’t happen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

hope u can blog from over there so we know your ok and read about all the fun your having with your nephew.

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home