Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The sun'll come out tomorrow. Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun!

Saturday. They can come on Saturday. That is the earliest they can get here. When I called the guy on the phone after the parts arrived for the treadmill on Monday, he said “I will be in Pittsburgh on Saturday.” And I said “Well, I don’t work on Friday, so you can show up any time on Friday.” To which he replied, in a very whiney voice, “But I’ll be in Pittsburgh on Saturday.”

So what can I do? I can’t say “When I paid over $200 for the warranty, I didn’t seem to care if you could show up when it is convenient for you. I thought the money would go towards making my life a bit easier, but what do I know?”

So whoever had December 16 on the poll, you would win money…if there was any to win. I am just annoyed that it takes two weeks to get anything done on the treadmill. Although, in all fairness, that is better than the first time it broke.

So now I need to run again until February 8, 2007. That is the day I will be stepping on the plane for the 29 hour journey to Bangkok.

I ran again on Monday. The legs worked better on the pavement, but it was still just this side of too cold and my lungs were shredded again just a little bit. Not too bad, but I was coughing more afterwards than I had been, and there was just the hint of a cough yesterday. I seem to be bad at picking when to run, as last night it was in the low 50’s when I was outside at 7 pm doing some leaf raking. So I should have run, but didn’t even plan on it (which isn’t just an excuse, it can be a way of life…that was what I’d say for years as I was getting fatter and fatter “I didn’t plan on eating that Double Whopper with cheese, I just did.”)

I will try again tonight; see how far I can go. I have been running outside about every other day, and my legs are hurting less and less. It is only the lungs that are giving me problems, but that is mostly from my running in sub-freezing temperatures. Cause I’m an idiot who can’t seem to pull up weather.com!

Well, I’m off to work. I woke up at 5 am to the visiting cat vomiting on my cell phone, so I got up and cleaned that up. I think it might be time for a new cell phone for Mike!

I wanted to leave you with a quote from a friend, but I don’t think I could get it right. Something about inserting a finger once a month being shear joy, but that isn’t the exact quote. I just know I laughed all evening long over that one. Oh yeah, good times.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know about pets getting sick i had mine throw up on my bed not 2 long ago. yuck!

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home