Monday, December 04, 2006

Jacquito: "What are you scared of, old man?" Grandpa Simpson: "Everything! Dogs... Dutchmen...the gathering darkness..." *glances around nervously*

The treadmill has broken again. It is the same screw on the same leg that broke. I originally thought that it was the opposite screw on the opposite leg, but after reading my archives from February, I realized it is the same one. So yeah, not happy about that one.

Running outside isn’t fun for me, but I will do it. I have the route picked out and went over it yesterday. It is a lot tougher than I’d ever imagine, but what else can I do? The route is going to be about 1.6 miles total, but the middle part, about .5 miles, is uphill, so that is going to make up for less time running. I could always do it about twice, but I am promising myself nothing.

As far as food goes…I wasn’t as good this weekend as I’d like to be, but I wasn’t horrible. I came out here on Monday at 226 lbs. I just need to think about this long and hard. Either I do it or I don’t, cause I’m tired of taking care of my food/calorie count for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday only to eat all I want on Thursday through Sunday. And it seems to be complacency, plain and simple. But I have to remember that complacency is what got me to be over 260 lbs in the first place.

I am currently on the phone with NordicTrack, and let me tell you, they have the absolute worse customer service in the world. They aren’t open on weekends, and from my last experience with them, they don’t answer their phones the last two hours of their workday. I have currently been on hold for 13 minutes, and there is nothing but cheesy electronica music playing. I think it is set up this way so that you will hang up on them. The worst part is that I know this phone call isn’t worth anything. I will be on hold for no reason as I forgot to write down my serial number, but since I’ve gone this far I might as well stay on until someone tells me I need it.

Update: OH MY GOD! I just spent 20 minutes on hold, told the person what the problem was and she told me that I was out of the warranty and that she could supply the part but service would cost me. I advised that I bought the extended 3 year warranty for an extra $250+…at which point she told I had to call another place for the extended warranty to cover all of my needs.

Update, part deux: So now I am on hold with the extended warranty, and they seem to employ the exact same tact as NordicTrack, keep me on hold for an extended time with annoyingly bad music. They do give me the option to leave my name and number for a return phone call, but I don’t trust them. If readers remember from February, it was an ordeal to get this problem fixed the last time.

Update, finale: Well, as I suspected back in February, I am getting the same level of customer service. 3-5 days to get the part, and then the technician will make an appointment after the part is received to get the appointment to fix the treadmill. I am assuming, with my work schedule, the earliest possible chance I have to get this treadmill fixed is 12/15/2006. But there is a chance it will take until 12/22/2006 (I work 10 hour days Monday through Thursday, so it makes it difficult to get anything done on days other than Fridays.)

Any bets on when this will actually get done? I should start placing odds.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is easy to replace the part.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I agree it would be easier, so we shall see. I am having the warranty company come in and fix a few small things as well, and do a full check on the machine.

Either way, they are mailing me the part, so I might put it in myself if it takes too long.

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home