Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I'm in the high-fidelity first class traveling set and I think I need a lear jet.

(First off - three posts in one day! Holy Shit! I've had some weeks of three posts, so this must be my creative pinnacle. It's all downhill from here!)

$1,963.15. That is the total cost of everything for my trip to the U.K. Now, some people might think that this is nothing, but this was supposed to be my cheap trip for the year. If only because I wasn’t going to paying for lodging for the most part, only one night in Edinburgh. All other lodging was either at Gary’s apartment or the hotel in downtown London where Gary was using his Hilton points.

To give you an example, I stayed in Amsterdam, flight & hotel were just about $1,250, and I spent another about $450 while there. About $1,700 - very reasonable. And that includes all food, all transportation, all tourist attractions, all alcohol, as well as the hotel.

So I went to the most expensive city in the world (according to one article I read on Monday) and it cost me $250+ more – what is the big deal you ask? The big deal is that this was going to be the cheap trip this year – a quick jaunt over to England to visit Gary, see a few things, stay at his place, yada yada.

I have been on 4 big trips this year, and I am estimating that it cost me a total of about $8,500 total. I know I’ve seen some wonderful things and all, but it is now time to pay the piper.

So next year, I will be going to Thailand with my nephew, and that might be it, to be honest. I have to pay off the credit cards and then the $5,000+ that I charged with Home Depot for the Heat Pump that has to be paid off within 12 months for the interest free option.

Maybe I will just see the good old USA next year instead of traversing around the world.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

omg thats alot but it was worth it huh?

7:18 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

I will admit that it is so worth it all! I didn't want to make it seem it wasn't, just that in the foreseeable future I will have to slow it down just a bit. I ain't made of money (and probably never will be...)

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home