Wednesday, November 29, 2006

There's consequences I'm scared to taste, cold hard truths I can't face: these days are different than the past

Now I know why people don’t just pick up running. Last night, got back on the treadmill and my legs felt like they were made of lead. As I started it wasn’t bad, but 4-5 minutes into the run it started burning, more than it usually does, and then the legs felt like they were thumping onto the tread harder and harder.

I finished my 3 miles in 30 minutes, an only got a small cramp near the end, but the legs were dragging the rest of the night. I never remember feeling this in my legs. I assume this is just my legs rebuilding back up the endurance after 11 days not running.

Also, I mentioned that I wasn’t that hungry yesterday morning. A coworker had gone to a local deli and had a sandwich and got a side of macaroni salad with it that he didn’t want, so I ate it. Then I checked the calorie content of macaroni salad and it is bad. I am assuming the small ½ cup that I had probably contained 275 calories and 19 g of fat! Cripes, that ruined the whole day.

I was also starving by the time I finished running, and though I did good, my day total was 1,751.5 calories. A bit higher than I would have liked, but not as bad as I wanted it to be. I am still kind of hungry this morning, even after I had a bowl of cereal with blueberries and raisins (and soy milk.) I have to do this for a few days to get back on track.

But this morning, I was down to 222 lbs. I don’t know if I will get under 220 lbs by the end of the week, if only I don’t see myself being able to keep under 1,600 calories through this weekend, but I will be there by the end of next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home