Tuesday, December 05, 2006

In the quiet silent seconds I turned off the light switch

My lungs are killing me! I went out running last night. Outside, as in the frigid cold. And for some reason, this has put a major hurting on my lungs. I didn’t realize that the cold air would do that, but I felt like I had bronchitis last night. When I was a smoker, I used to get bronchitis all the time, twice a year. You get this thick, heavy feeling in your lungs, and you have that rattling, throaty cough. I was having that after I got back from running. I hope I didn’t do any type of damage, cause here it is the next morning and I am still coughing. We shall see.

I am going to try to use my friend Bethany’s treadmill once or twice this week, but it would be terribly invasive to use it 5 times this week. She has the treadmill in her living room, and she lives with her sister, so that would be very disruptive to run in her living room each evening. It is just like mine, though, so it would work great. Maybe Friday afternoon and Saturday I will be able to do that. We really shall see.

I got back on the diet yesterday, though through bad math I did have 1700 calories yesterday instead of the 1600. Problem with that is that when you eat fewer calories, you should be exercising. This tells your body that it isn’t being starved and burns up the extra calories. Sadly, if I don’t run every day, I fear that my body will think that it is being starved and will slow down the metabolism and store fat. Again, we shall see.

I want to note that I am supposed to have another date this week, but I will talk about it more after the date. If it ends up happening. He seems like a busy person, and I am very busy this weekend for some reason. We shall see.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

hope u anit comin down with a cold. hope the date works out 4 ya!

5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home