Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The road outside my house is paved with good intentions

3 days, 30 minutes on the treadmill each day. Not too bad for a tub o' goo. Good thing I don't hold grudges, eh?

Today seemed a little tougher as I had some cramps while running. It makes it more painful, but, as the blog says, no pain, no gain. I just kept going until I was in pain, then I'd slow it down for a while and start back up. I figure a couple of weeks and I will be back to at least running for the 30 minutes instead of some walking interspersed.

I ate well today, though maybe a few extra crunchy snacks at work. Tomorrow is going to be tough as I have a dinner with a friend for her birthday, and we are going to a nice restaurant. I know I will be tempted by all the good foods and an appetizer, but I will try to keep it simple and healthy. We shall see.

Life has just been bopping along regularly now, and that is alright with me. I thought I was in a rut just before the accident, and then I learned what a real rut was.

Gary called me today and harassed me about weight training. I understand that he thinks this is the best way to go, and he did give me his old BowFlex a few years ago that has just languished in my parents basement, but I don't think I can do it right now, for more reasons than just laziness.

I hurt my left shoulder on the last day of softball, and lifting it above my head is painful. There are many times at work that I go to get some text off the shelf and almost drop it. I know this sounds like an excuse, but I'm going to give it a few weeks before I even think about bringing the BowFlex to my house and starting to use it.

Also, I want to lose some weight with my running before I get into weight training. This sounds like a cop-out to Gary, and maybe it is, but I want to do what I know and get comfortable in that before I start expanding. With Gary being so motivated, I don't think he understands that it takes the fatter of us (i.e. Tubs o' Goo) a bit more than to just think "weight training would be great" and then we do it. I spent most of my adult life being extremely sedentary, and to just jump into something new is not only scary, if I don't like it, I might just stop doing it. And I don't want that to happen.

So for the foreseeable future, it will be running and eating healthier. Once I think I've relearned that, then I can look into the weight training. And Gary will be gone to England in 2 weeks, so he can stop bothering me. I'd think about lying to him and say I was weight training (literally, about every second phone call with Gary involves him trying again and again to explain to me that weight training is a better, more efficient way to lose weight. Really gets tiring at times) but he reads this blog, and as much as I might want to, I just don't want to lie on this blog.

By the way, the title is from a Fall Out Boy song, and is meant to be an inside joke. I love inside jokes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home