Friday, August 31, 2007

They take my voice and they feed my eyes, all I read is a bed of lies

I was bad yesterday eating, as I thought I'd be. Not horrific (I did stop from downing some mint chocolate chip Pop Tarts) but still, I had a lot to eat at dinner with Holly. We ate at Casbah, where we had some grilled flatbread and 3 different kinds of hummus for appetizer, then I had some fantastic pasta in a red sauce with some homemade sweet Italian sausage. Man, was that fantastic!

I also took yesterday off from running, as I only want to run 5 times a week and don't want a two day break. So this morning, I got up and ran 2.1 miles. Feel great right now, as I just finished a few minutes ago.

I feel a bit more confident that I can do this, unlike the past few months when I thought I'd have a heart attack if I got back onto the treadmill. This is great news to me.

I do think the eating part is going to be more difficult. I seemed to be fine for a day or two, but even Wednesday, I had a bit more than I had planned on, and last night, I didn't have the drive to just order a healthy salad or grilled chicken. I wanted that pasta, and nothing was stopping me. And a loaf of fresh French bread. And a Heineken. And a helping of her sorbet. And those chips at work.

But what made me feel good was getting up today and running so effortlessly. Even last night, I felt like I'd failed again, but it all came back so naturally this morning. Get up, put on running shorts shoes and get on the treadmill. It would have been perfect, except I've been watching what has to be the worst movie in the world, Chumscrubber. I bought it for a dollar at a garage sale, but I don't think it is worth that much! Oh well, live and learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home