Monday, September 03, 2007

September morning still can make me feel this way

The end of August came and went, and with it the last few weeks of summer fun. Sure we have a bit more time before fall actually gets here, but it isn't the same. Summer in September isn't summer. It is some hot days and some cool nights, but the nights are longer and the warm weather doesn't last as long.

I love the fall. I know someone who says that people who say they love the fall are lying, that they just want to be different from all the people who say they love summer. But I truly find fall, especially the beginning of fall, like around the start of September, the best time of the year. You still have warmth during the day, and the nights...well, I like not sleeping with the air conditioning on.

This time of the year sees me overweight and struggling to be healthy, just like so many autumns before. Not last year, though. Last year was fantastic. Even with all the struggles, last year has to go down for me as the best one in years.

Last year at this time, I was 215 lbs. I was running 5 times a week and watching, at least during the week, what I was eating. No as easy now as it was then, but I know it is a different year, and I am a different person.

I ran this morning, 2.15 miles in 30 minutes, but that is all I've done since Friday. I know I should have run yesterday or Saturday, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. And when I was on the treadmill today, I just kept wondering why I didn't do this either day. I enjoy running. It clears my head, my lungs and makes me feel better, but if I'm not on the treadmill on those days, it is difficult to get started.

I also ate horribly this weekend. Again, don't understand why. Friday was good, and Saturday started out good, but then I went to Holly's birthday party, and it just became a feeding frenzy that didn't end until yesterday at Gary's house.

This morning I was 246 lbs. I'm only trying to record weight once a week, but I know I was less early last week. All I can do is try harder and harder. Work at it till I get back to what I was, or some semblance of it. I'd love to blame it all on the car accident or the vacations, but reality is that I don't seem to have the same drive that I had last year.

Now that fall is coming, maybe I can just concentrate on being the better me. Not a new me, cause that is just cheeseball in and of itself (had a great cheeseball at the party Saturday night), but it is what I need to believe to do this. Get a handle on it and run and eat well. Doesn't seem that difficult when I say it, but it is tough sometimes to string a couple good weeks together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home