Sunday, January 20, 2008

Where does the time go when it's not around here? I don't know

This has been a tough week for me and my family. My grandfather, the strongest man I've ever known, has been diagnosed with lung cancer and is currently in the hospital. We have been advised that it is inoperable. We are hoping to stabilize him at the hospital and then get him home. He wants to be home. We will respect his wishes.

I don't know if I want to talk about it too much here. It isn't that I don't want to talk about this great man, but I don't know if I want to air that in this public place. He has been a huge influence on my life, and it would be difficult for me to do justice to him with anything I could write here. And I don't need to be airing my family's pain.

Plus, this is supposed to be about my health. I did run 5 times this week and did a good job eating. I feel better about running and am going to try to run a little faster. I've been able to get up to 2.5 miles every day, and it is getting easier. I think one more week of this and then I'll get up to 2.6 miles. I need to keep progressing in both distance while running and lower calories while eating.

I will try to keep updating more regularly. I don't know how often I'll be able with my family duties. With everything going on in my life, I still need to get healthier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home