Tuesday, September 18, 2007

All the old paintings on the tombs they do the sand dance don't you know

Last week I ran 5 times. Over 10 miles for the entire week. Yeah me! I realized I had to do it, so I just went out and did it. This week so far I’ve run both days and feel good about it. I went a little faster today and got up to 2.25 miles with no problems.

And now for the bad news. I’ve so much food that it is ridiculous. I shoved more and more food into my face the past 5 days. Not that it all was bad, but when I was full, I would just open a bag of whatever I had crunchy around and eat more and more.

I realize now how bad being over stuffed makes me feel, but I don’t seem to have found the willpower to stop myself. Even today after lunch, I was full, but decided to have some whole wheat mini pitas with some garlic hummus (someone went to Trader Joe’s last night) as well as some mini milk chocolate peanut butter cups (and was really bad while at Trader Joe’s). And I sit here now, after I’ve run, and feel so full I almost feel sick. I don’t usually like running when I’m this full, but I had to run.

My mom & I will be off to DC to visit Carl & Darren on Thursday, and then to Philadelphia on Friday to see the King Tut exhibit at the Franklin Institute. While away I will eat authentic Chinese food (Darren is Taiwanese, after all) and probably suck down some beer. After this weekend, I am going to work on cutting calories, as I’ve said before, because I can’t go on eating like this. It is bad for my stomach AND bad for my wallet.

Even when I started running back in 2005, I was controlling my eating through a low carb diet, so I know I have to do it. And I know I can’t just lose weight by running alone. I know I have to control my eating. I just have to keep telling myself this so that I do it.

But getting back to running has made me feel better already, so that is a positive. I want to keep it up this week, taking Friday off only. If I work hard, I can do that (we are leaving Thursday afternoon, so I have to work ½ a day and get a run in before we leave, and then run when I get back home on Saturday.)

I know I’ve talked before about my GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease.) I had problems with it daily since 1995. Last year, I stopped having to take a pill every day after I lost the weight. The heart burn stopped. Well, it has come back, and I recently started taking a pill every day. This has been one of the other incentives to run again. It was nice not to have heartburn all the time, and now I have it again. I see the correlation between my omentum and my heartburn. I am hoping that once I lose some weight, I can again finally be heartburn free.

I have my work cut out for me, but I am confident I can do it. Again. And keep doing it till I am good and healthy. Damnit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home