Tuesday, February 12, 2008

And time has told me not to ask for more. Someday our ocean will find its shore.

Things are going better in my life. At least nothing is too bad at the moment. I have been running 5 times a week, up to 2.56 miles in 30 minutes. I have been slowing going faster and this has helped. I can't run straight through the 30 minutes, taking a 3 minute walking break in the middle of the run, but I am not faulting myself for that.

My eating hasn't been controlled too well. I can do it for one or two days, and then I will pig out and eat whatever I can. And, the worst part for those that know me is that I am wasting money buying chips and other snacks during the work day. I am wasting money and taking in too many calories. I am still working on ways to control my calorie intake.

Everything with my life seems to be in a holding pattern. My grandfather is doing better, gaining strength and stabilizing. It is good to see him get some of his strength back. He is in no pain now, so that is excellent as well.

I can't think anything bad going on in the past few weeks. I work at my regular job, work at the movie theater and then spending down time at my grandfather's house. It is winter here, so it isn't too good out there. A lot of snow shoveling and trying to keep warm.

Oh, and it seems my softball team has asked for a decision on who will play this year or not, so I need to get back to them on that. I haven't made up my mind, and it is annoying me that I can't seem to make that decision. I love playing softball, but I don't know if I want to play this year, or if I want to play with this group of players. I don't know why the idea of not playing is so appealing. I have to answer that, and soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said you were not going to play. Maybe it is the group of players.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

I know I've said I wasn't going to play, but I really enjoy softball, and that makes the decision difficult. I've got another week to make a decision. Maybe I'll know then.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home