Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Do you hope to find new ways of quenching your thirst,? Do you hope to find new ways of doing better than your worst?

Well, I feel better than yesterday. I ran for 2.66 miles in 30 minutes. I will have to say that I was feeling a little weak at the end of it, but not enough to stop me or even slow me down.

The guy who sits next to me at work is a marathoner. We sometimes talk running (I usually feel like a a padawan next to a Jedi master to be honest) and he said it sounds like I might have had a sugar crash, and he figured that out without me telling him that I had a bit of chocolate right before I left work at 6:30 pm. I am hoping he is correct because I don't want to feel that weak again while running. And I don't want to get sick right now.

I need to start getting serious about weight loss again. The running is great, but in order lose weight I need to control my caloric intake. As can be seen from the last few months, I keep talking the talk but not walking the walk in weight loss. Even yesterday I chowed down on chocolate bars and cupcakes when I wasn't even hungry.

Oh, and Toby is coming into town today. Maybe. He is supposedly driving in as we speak, but he is a slow driver and it may take him a day and a half to drive from Chicago to Pittsburgh. That is usually a 6-8 hour drive for most people. He started at around 11 am his time (noon est) and he has just crossed the Indiana-Ohio border (he called while I was typing that last sentence, so I know exactly where he is right now.) That is 8 hours to get what should have taken him less than 3 hours. This means that I am probably in for a very frustrating weekend dealing with him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home