Sunday, February 17, 2008

For the sound of a busy place is fine for a pretty face. Who knows what a face is for.

I missed running on Friday, so I only ran 4 times this week. I worked at the movie theater Friday during the day and just wasn't in the mood to run by the time I got home. I'm not too worried though. I've been doing quite well with my running, so that isn't the problem. Eating has been the problem.

We had a special group in the movie theater today, so I was asked to work. I normally don't work Sundays, but they really needed as many people as they could get to work. A company pays to have it's employees come from 10 am to 5 pm and see as many movies as they want with free popcorn and drinks. We get around 2,000 extra people roaming the halls and going in and out of all movies.

So I'm cleaning a theater, and in the front row is a purse. I moved it to the end of the first row so that I can bring it to our Lost and Found when I'm done cleaning. Another customer was walking down the steps and leans in to pick it up. I look over and say "Is that your purse?"

She looks at me and says "No, but I'll bring it to your Lost and Found."

I give her a questioning look and tell her "I'll bring it up there when I'm done here."

She looks up at me, knots up her face and actually said to me "Well, don't rifle through it before you bring it up."

I stop cleaning and say "That is why I'm bringing it up and not you. We don't want it rifled through." She starts walking away and I look at my co-worker and loudly say "I guess because I'm cleaning up a theater, I must be a thief. I must be so desperate for money that I am going to steal from a purse left behind."

What I wanted to say was "FUCK YOU CUNT!" and run down and punch her in the back of the head. But was able stop myself. That would have been rude. And probably would have got me fired and arrested (the punching part.)

Why do people think I am the lowest form of life when I work at the movie theater? I have been accused of being a racist and a thief, told I am a janitor and a minimum wage worker, and called a loser and uneducated. And it is just a weekend job for me, get a few shekels and see free movies, hang out with my nephews and mother who work there and, generally, have some fun. And most of the time I do have fun. But some people try to ruin it for me. Well, fuck'em. I'm going to keep working there and have some fun.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How could that women believe you would steal from a purse. You only take from 6 or 7 year olds.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home