Monday, December 18, 2006

In my defeat I wish I knew you were safely at home

Good weekend for me, for the most part. I’ve kind of gotten over spending too much money on the one intra-Thailand flight, and I’ve worked through my anger at the guy who fixed my treadmill, only to break it while he was fixing it.

I didn’t run yesterday. With the Steelers game and, well, just being lazy, I didn’t run. For some reason, I didn’t feel too well yesterday either. Just achy & feverish all afternoon, although that didn’t stop me from wolfing down KFC for the game and again late dinner (leftovers from the Steelers game at my grandfather’s house.)

So tonight, I get back to running. To be honest, I am a little worried. I know that I’ve lost a lot in the past month. Even though I did run right after I came back from the UK, as I mentioned yesterday, I have run my regular route 4 ½ times since I came back on 11/25/2006. I ran outdoors 4 times total since the treadmill broke, and that was a very abbreviated run, not the distance or the time that I do on the treadmill.

So tonight, at about 6 pm, I will get back onto the treadmill with my new, fancy running shorts and try to run 3 miles in 30 minutes. I don’t know if I have the stamina to do it, but I will try. And I will get back to doing that 5 times a week. Exciting, eh?

And it is about time. I am starting to really feel the effects. Clothes are getting just a touch tighter than they were. My stamina just isn’t what it used to be. I will not keep count of my food calories again until January 2, 2007. I just know that it will get annoying each time I go over the amount I want to limit myself to, and then I’ll get all bitchy. And I don’t want to be a beotch for Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home