Friday, February 29, 2008

Down to earth then sinks the sun; down to earth then sinks the sun - when the day is done.

I have had a very good week. I was able to step up the running and am up to 2.65 miles 3 times this week so far. I ran regular on Monday then decided to I need to work on running faster, so I did. I know it doesn't sound like much, but considering that I felt stuck for a few months on 2.55 miles it is a nice little accomplishment. I will do this for a few weeks and then step it up a little again.

I've eaten horribly, so I am ignoring that for now. I am stuck at 248.5 pounds. I go up and down 1-2 pounds or so but I keep coming back to 248.5 pounds. I have to start losing weight soon, though, as I made the decision to play softball this summer.

After thinking about it, I really want to play softball again. Also, I think that wanting to play softball will help give me motivation to focus on losing weight. So tomorrow, I go to our first meeting for the season. If you would have asked me at the end of last season, I would have bet money that I wouldn't play this year. But I am surprised by the pull of competition I feel. I just have to take it easier on the field, not get annoyed or angry at my teammates.

Finally, since I have mentioned it in the past, I want to say that my grandfather is doing much better. To the surprise of his physicians, he is gaining weight and getting more independent. That is the best news I've had all year. I am hoping he continues to get healthier and more comfortable in his independence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home