Tuesday, January 02, 2007

I tell you that we'll all be looking for changes

I am actually glad to be back at my regular job. Not only was it not fun to be running around the movie theater for 73 hours in 11 days, but it wasn’t fun to work with all those whiney teenagers & even whinier customers! I don’t know if there is just a sense of privilege in the workers at the theater or younger people in general, but it seemed so pervasive throughout the workforce under 30. (I heard several of my co-workers say “I don’t get paid enough money to do [insert what the considered menial task.]” To which I would reply “What do you normally charge to do [insert what the considered menial task.]” And they would never have an answer, because they don’t have other jobs. Fucking idiots.)

I started off today at 227 lbs. I started off the new year heavier than I once was, lighter than I’ll be (at least I am hopeful.) I am ready for the challenges of a new day, a new year and a new Mike. OK, that last part was a bit cheesy, but I am sticking by that statement.

I have a habit of being, well, lazy. Or, if not exactly lazy, then being comfortable with the status quo in just about everything. If all things are in their proper place that I use on a regular basis in my life, then I feel that there is no need to move and empty boxes that don’t get in my way. I bought and moved into my house in May 2006, and there still are stacks of boxes. I have put these in my basement or the spare bedroom, so they are out of my way and, therefore, no need to worry about them. But still, they are there. And most of it is shit I’ve carried around for years that I should be able to either get rid of or consolidate and store properly.

So for 2007, I have some goals, and, unlike prior years, I am actually going to put them in writing and work towards their completion.

1. I will get down to 205 lbs. I know this doesn’t seem like a big deal, but it is. My lowest weight in 2006 was 216 lbs. I am currently 21 lbs away from that goal, and I know, with the right amount of exercise and proper eating, I could get to 205 lbs.

2. Organize, organize, organize. Everything from boxes in my house to cleaning everything to bills to be paid to getting all the proper things done to the car (currently, the inspection is overdue on my car because I just didn’t think to get it done before Sunday evening) needs to be organized. My life isn’t organized outside of my vacations (I know on most vacations will I will on what day a month or so in advance of leaving for the trip), and I need to get to the point where it is, and I will start that this year.

3. I will change my hairstyle. As Gary was nice enough to point out last Friday night, I have had the same hairstyle since I’ve known him. That is about 17 years too long for one hairstyle, and in reality 18 ½ years as I changed my hair the summer from high school to college. And the only change then was that I parted it in the side instead of the middle. I usually don’t use any type of product on my hair. I use the same shampoo (Head & Shoulders) that I have for about 15 years, and the same conditioner (Dove Intense Moister) for the past 5 years. I haven’t seen a need to change either of these, but maybe I do. Maybe I need to change all things in all of my hair care routine. I’ll have to check into that.

So that will be my 2007. I just need to be focused and work towards success. And run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home