Friday, January 19, 2007

True revolutionaries never bomb buildings…it attracts too much attention

Last two days I’ve been under 220 for the first since October. I was at 219.5. I am feeling a bit better about it as well, though a little anxious that I will work hard for 3 more weeks and then stop running for an entire 3 weeks in Thailand.

I will be walking a lot through the regular tourist sites in the cities, climbing in the mountains in Chiang Rai, riding a bike through the city of Ayutthaya, and swimming in the Gulf of Thailand, so I should get some good exercise, but nothing like running 3.15 miles a day (that is right, I am now up to 3.15 every day, up .05 miles! I know, it is a small victory, but a victory nonetheless) but at least I won’t be sitting on a beach, baking myself.

Also, I will be sweating. A lot. It is regularly over 95 degrees F there, with humidity that I’ve never felt before. When I went there in 2004, it felt like someone placed two huge bricks on my shoulders when I stepped off the plane. I am ready for it this time, and my nephew is like 120 pounds, so he should be fine after the initial shock.

I will say one more thing about my current food. Two days in a row this week, I’ve finished my run and been famished. As noted here before, this has happened to me before, and I don’t understand it. Last night, I was shaking walking to the kitchen after I finished running. I was so weak, all I could do was sit down and eat an apple and some crackers. I am eating the same amount of calories as always, and I’ve never had this problem before. Quite frustrating.

I did just check the in flight entertainment for our trip to Bangkok. Actually, we are going to Japan first, and our movies are listed as “All the King’s Men,” “Flags of Our Fathers,” Flushed Away,” “A Good Year,” “Man of the Year,” “The Queen” and “Running with Scissors.” Not bad, as I’ve not seen one of them. Sadly, as I work in a movie theater and could see them all for free. I have no plan to see “A Good Year” or “Flags of Our Fathers,” but the rest of them should be good at distracting me from being on a plane for 13 ½ hours. And in case that fails, I do have the first 8 episodes of the HBO series “Rome” and 8 movies on my iPod, as well as 5950 songs on it. And a book to read. And I can start walking around the jet when I am truly bored. Sadly, I don’t ever seem able to sleep on the plane, so distracting me from the boredom of flying is my only hope.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Queen is a very good movie. I am pretty sure you will like it. I watched it with Darren on my Televion. Don't ask how I was able to watch in on my TV.

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home