Friday, January 05, 2007

They used to be just like me and you, they used to be sweet little boys. But something went horribly askew

All was going well yesterday, ate right for breakfast & lunch, got home and ran 2.3 mile sin 24 minutes, and then I got off the treadmill and for some reason was famished. I was actually shaking I was so hungry. I went and ate about 430 calories and nothing too healthy either. Then I went shopping as I was low on some of the essential foods, came home and had another 340 calories. Then I was watching some TV and had another 410 calories. I then had to have my regular ice cream sandwich before I went to bed, even though that is usually my reward for eating well all day (it is a low calorie ice cream sandwich, of course, but it still tastes fantastic) but this time, I just wanted it. I ended the day with just a hair over 2,000 calories, about 2,089 from my calculations.

And it didn’t feel like binge eating. I have done my fair share of binge eating in the past (recent past being the end of last month) and this just felt like I needed the food (except for the ice cream sandwich; that was just indulgence.) I don’t feel fatter than usual today, and actually I am down to 223 lbs as of this morning.

I don’t know where this hunger came, but I was really feeling light headed and famished. I hope I don’t have that problem again, because that was annoying, frustrating and defeating to my goal to lose more weight.

I went out to the store after I ate, and I saw this woman in one of those scooters. She looked to be about mid 40’s, and was morbidly obese, and I just didn’t understand that. Is there really some type of medical problem for people, or are they lazy? Did they eat too much when they were younger, get somewhat fat, then slowed down their metabolism so bad that they were gaining weight at an alarming rate, assumed they had some medical problem, became more immobile due to their weight, and once they became immobile, they gained weight even faster, and now the only way they can go through a store is on a motorized vehicle?

I find that hard to believe that all these morbidly obese people on scooters in stores all have some thyroid problem. I think they could eat less, exercise and lose weight. I do believe that people have a predisposition to be heavier, but they can do something about it. They allow themselves to gain weight. I am predisposed to be heavier, but I know how to stop it. I just don’t think I believe the people who say they have a medical problem are actually doing everything they can in order to lose weight.

Am I wrong here?

1 Comments:

Blogger Ryan said...

no i dont think your wrong at all!

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home