Thursday, January 04, 2007

Speeding through the universe, thinking is the best way to travel

Getting back into my routine of running and eating well. Only did 2 miles in 20 minutes again last night on the treadmill, and the ankle is feeling much better. So today, I am going to run 25 minutes, 2.5 miles. And then, the plan is to be back up to 3 miles in 30 minutes by Monday.

I am now having some problems getting up in the mornings. I usually work 10 hour days, and I am at work at 6:45 am, which means I wake up at 5:30 am. I had 10 days off from my regular job, and with the holiday Monday, I only have to work 8 hours per day this week (though I do have to work on Friday, and I DON’T WORK ON FRIDAYS!!). For some reason, when the alarm goes off at 5:30 am this week, I’ve had a habit of turning it off. Not hitting snooze, turning it off.

So now I’ve been getting up around 6:00 or 6:30 am, and not getting to work until 7:30 am or later. I don’t like that at all, when I could be home at 3:30-ish if I’d just wake up, but I can’t seem to do that. I need to work on that. Sleep is as important to good health as eating correctly.

I had Pad Thai last night for dinner, and it made me want to be in Bangkok again so bad. There is this little restaurant I’ve been to in Bangkok that has the best Pad Thai…

Only 5 weeks to go before I leave for Thailand with my nephew. And only 5 weeks and 1 ½ days until we finally reach Bangkok. It is a long flight over the Pacific Ocean, but I have done it before, so I know what to expect – hours and hours of pure boredom! I am interested to see how my nephew handles the trip. He has never taken an airplane before, and I think the long flight will be tough for him.

When I took my niece to Paris, she realized that she had a fear of flying while we were on the plane, and so she decided she would be safer if she just didn’t leave her seat. Not sure what it is she thought that would accomplish, but she wasn’t budging from the seat until we landed at Charles de Gaul Airport (and Newark International Airport on the way back.) What this meant is that she made a point of not drinking anything so that she wouldn’t have to use the restroom.

Thomas isn’t going to have that luxury. Our flight from Chicago to Tokyo is 13 ½ hours. He will have to pee at some point during that flight. Unless he wears a diaper, but I am not sitting next to someone wearing a diaper. At least not if I paid for the ticket.

So far, the US government has not issued a Travel Warning about traveling in Thailand. Travel Warnings are issued when the State Department recommends you avoid a certain country. Lebanon, Algeria, Iran, Haiti, Columbia & Indonesia among others are on that list. A Current Public Announcement has been issued, to expire 01/31/07, for Thailand, and this is an announcement to disseminate information about possible threats to US Citizens that usually regard specific information and specific time frames.

The State Department does advise US citizens “to continue to monitor events closely, to remain indoors when possible, to avoid any large public gatherings, and to exercise discretion when moving about Bangkok.” We will be in Bangkok for like 3 days, so I am alright with that. So far, the trip is still on and I, for one, am very excited about going!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home