Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Give me envy, give me malice, give me a-a-attention. Give me envy, give me malice, baby, give me a break!

Eating has been good so far this week. I am eating my excellent oatmeal & raisins as I type this. Last night I made a stir fry with a spicy mango sauce with those Morning Star vegetarian chicken strips and it was excellent. I could have eaten 3 bowls of it, but I stopped at one bowl.

I think my goal is to do the 1,600 calories/day for 7 days in a row. I will reevaluate where I am next Monday. I know I work at the movie theatre this weekend, so that will tempt me some. The french fries there are fantastic, and you could be working, walk past the kitchen area and swipe a handful of them without even thinking about it. Do that about 5 times during your shift and you’ve had about 1,000 empty calories.

I’ve been giving myself permission to eat what I’ve wanted on weekends. Even if I was eating lower calorie/lower fat foods, I was still eating way too much. And then, at the last minute, I’d allow myself those fries, or maybe I’d heat up some of those frozen White Castle mini-burgers on a Sunday night while watching the Eagles-Giants game. Or eat a bag of Trader Joe’s Hawaiian Style Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips while watching The Simpsons. Or three Jose Ole’ Beef & Cheese Taco’s while watching Family Guy.

So now, no more permission for this weekend. And in reality, with the way I have my life scheduled, if I do this I should be good through next Thursday. My life is regimented during the weeks, with my 10 hour work days and all. Wake up, work, come home, run, cook dinner, eat, watch some tv/do chores, go to bed. Monday through Thursday. It is the weekends that I need to work on, and it starts now (I was so going to use "The Revolution Starts Now" from Steve Earle as the title of this post, but him selling it to Chevrolet made me like that song less...so a Panic! at the Disco lyric was a better choice."

It also might be easier for me to work on it knowing that in 4 weeks from tomorrow I will be off for a 3 week trip to Thailand, where I will eat good food and not run. Too hot, and I’ll be too busy in Thailand. And I'll be on vacation. Unlike the last few years, though, once I get back from Thailand, my next trip will be maybe in August to Edmonton, and that is it. I need to spend time at home, fixing the home up and spending money on the home. Notice a theme here?

I ran 3.1 miles Monday, but I’ve slowly been getting some flu-like symptoms, and I’ve had some breathing problems. I’ve had a scratchy throat and I’ve been phlegmy and stuff, so my lungs were not doing as well yesterday. I only was able to run for 2.5 miles in my allotted 30 minutes, and I was breathing hard doing it. I’m OK with the 2.5 miles, but I hope to be able to do over 3 miles on a regular basis.

I have also done a good job getting started on one of my resolutions, getting more organized. I have worked on getting all the excess crap off my computer, all the important stuff backed up and I've saved 40 GB of hard drive space. I have a 200 GB USB back up drive that I will install as well. I've cleaned the kitchen up and my laundry area is almost clean. I don't live in filth, just in clutter. The laundry area was full of clean clothes. I clean then, pile them up, and then wear them, instead of folding them and putting them away. I need to work on the putting them away part.

I am happy with the progress I've made so far - not all at once, but at least it is a start.

No new haircut ideas as of yet. I don't think I'll get to that until after Thailand as I am going to go lollipop for Thailand.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Camel Wide Ultralights....YUMMMM

11:04 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

OK, I've never had the "Ultralights" in the Camel Wide variety...maybe I should look into them, eh?

And now that I have the flu, I don't think I could choke down a ciggie, but thanks for the suggestion.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home